Is zma safe to be taken with 5-htp

Discussion in ‘Supplements‘ started by 100%BUFFMASTER, Sep 7, 2009.

100%BUFFMASTER Banned

Award Points:

Is zma safe to be taken with 5-htp. because i read somewhere that the B vitamins can cause problems> is this true?

Joeflex73 Moderator

Award Points:

The reaction is with Vitamin B6 and 5-HTP and it’s conversion to serotonin. I’ve never heard of anyone having issues, but it is something that I would research a bit more in depth. Any reactions are probably at high doses.

beej1989 AX Member

Award Points:

I’m pretty sure its fine. I’m taking sleep1 by nutrition53 which contains 5htp and zma and i feel fine. This is Bill Romanowskis supplement company btw and he is a nutritional guru so i trust it that its safe

adawg NPC Status

Award Points:

Im sure it wil be fine, the interactions is probally at higher doses as joe mentioned, though i believe most ZMA does contain b-6, but usally in pretty minute doses, should be good to go.

themartinclan New Member

Award Points:

5-HTP and the B6 controversy includes link to article in a scientific journal at the bottom

TiM Prob’ly Bigger than You Admin

Award Points:

Thanks for the help, but I doubt "Buffy" will see this. He started to be a dick, then became a jackass, so I banned him. Repeat with 2 more usernames, and we IP banned him. Gotta do whatchya gotta do sometimes…

themartinclan New Member

Award Points:

Wow….that is so descriptive on so many levels